Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Wheel of the Year: Week 1

I have been working through the book by Rev. MJD "The Wheel of the Year", and I am very happy that I found it. I love that it set up a outlined path on how to approach the DP work. I know that at times, before I found this book,  I would sometimes become overwhelmed with the course load and how to approach it. I started reading this book and I seen that it had homework to go along with it, so I figured it would much easier and effective to just journal it here on my blog, so without further ado, here is my homework for week 1.

1.) Why have you chosen to take the first step on the Dedicant Path?

I have chosen to walk the path of ADF because the structure and the system resonates with me personally. I love the way that the structure is set up and how the COoR is presented. To me the ritual format and the scholarly aspect is essential to a fulfilled practice.
  
2.) Is this a step on your path, or will this be the path itself?

 To me the DP is just a mile stone upon my path. My steps within this course of life has brought me to a place and time where I can actually spend an adequate amount of time on the course load. I know that the DP will help me lay the foundation to the path that I walk and will support me along the way. It will help strengthen my foundation and knowledge of my personal practice and how it evolves from this time forward.

3.) What do you expect to learn?

I expect to learn as much about myself as I do my Hearth Culture.  I know that for every question that I find the answer to, there will be three more questions that will present themselves. I am looking forward to learning and growing, and the seasons change and the night becomes day.

4.) What would you like to get out of this journey?

I would like to obtain a better understanding of my hearth culture and their pantheon. I know that there will a pluthra of information for me to process, and I am hoping that I will obtain some of the answers that I am looking for.
  
5.) Do you know where this path will take you?

This path is going to lead me to exactly where I am suppose to be. I know that I have been lead to ADF, because it is what my life needs at this time. The structure, in what short time I have been using it, has provided me with the missing pieces that I have had in my previous practice. I know that the whole picture is not complete at this time, but half of the fun is learning where and how all the pieces fit together.

6.) If you have just joined ADF, why have you chosen to work on this immediately? If you have been with ADF for a long time, why are you only starting now?

I wouldn't consider myself new to ADF, because I knew several people who where members before I joined, however I have not been a member for long.  I joined about three months ago, and I have been wanting to start my DP yet I didnt know how to approach it. I didn't know where to begin and how to go about starting, so I was setting myself up for failure before I even let myself begin. Then I found this book, and the structure breakdown of it week by week has helped me keep track of my work and provided me an open on how to start on the DP.

7.) Does it look hard or easy?

There are parts of this work that look hard, and then there are parts that look easy. I love to journal so that seems easy, I have been a practicing pagan for years now so keeping the High Days is not a new concept to me. The hard parts I believe is going to be writing my virtue papers, writing a collaboration of my hearth culture and personal practice, and documenting my book reviews. I know that they are not impossible to do, but it will require work and perseverance

8.) Which requirements appear to be difficult to you now, and which appear to be easy?
9.) Do you have any doubts, questions, any concerns that you need to ask?

1 comment:

  1. 8.) Well I happen to like journaling so I believe that keeping up with my journal will be easy and fun. I even think that observing the High Days will be easy considering I haven pagan for a few years, so the concept is not to far fetched. When it comes to topics that I view as difficult, I believe writting the virtues essay, my book reviews, and writting an essay on my personal practice.

    9.) Before I officially joined ADF I took the time to meditate upon ADF's structure and if it would fit into my path or not. I know that there are several sources that I can ask for help and insight in isuues that I am not sure of. For them I am thankful and very glad that I have them.

    ReplyDelete