Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Working on my first book review

So the books that I have decided to start working on at first is: Theogony and Works and Days by Hesoid.

I will have to say that I really do love these books, not only do they focus on the teachings of the gods, but they also focus on the virtue of living an ethical and morally sound life. I like the fact that both stories are written in the style of Epic Dialect of Homeric Greek, yet you can still apply them to everyday life.

I have had a few ideas on how I am going to write this paper. I believe that I am going to break each book down into its own body in the over all essay. That way i can go into a full in depth description of each book, to do anything less would take away from the over all meaning of the story.

I will probably upload each essay and work that I finish onto this site, that way anyone interested will be able to read it, and comment on pieces that may need more work or better sources.

1 comment:

  1. Things that I really like about this book is: I love the fact that they are written in Homeric Greek Dialouge. I is interesting in reading the style that the ancients wrote in. I think that it would be interesting to incorprate their style into the hymns that I offer to the gods. I am going to try this once I understand the structure a little more soundly. It would be a nice twist on the way that I do things now. I presume that I will post several rough drafts on here if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete