Monday, April 9, 2012

Working with Demeter

I do not want to put too much about the "Meeting Demeter Meditation", on here (without the permission pf the Order) because I know that DEO like to keep their teachings within their Order. So I am simply going to reflect upon my personal experience with the meditation as well as the ritual I had to go hand in hand with building my relationship with the great Goddess Demeter.


Before I got started I went ahead and prepared the Kykeon, a traditional drink offered to Demeter, that way it would be nice and cool by the time that I started the ritual. After the drink was prepared I went and cleansed myself, then got my other offering ready: milk, rose water, olive oil, and honey. I used my Kindred incense as well.




After all of the preparation was completed, I light the illumination candles and cast barley upon my shrine. The place was now ready for my to embark upon my journey.

I started off with the meditation. In which I would have to say I learned quite a bit about how to apply the teachings of Demeter into my practice and my everyday life. I learned that in order to feel the blessings in the world around me I first needed to feel them inside of myself. I learned that I needed to observe the world around me and take the lessons that I learnt there to the world within me, that way they could change me and reflect back in the world through me. I also learnt that Demeter is a compassionate mother, that we are all her children. That she provides us with the knowledge on how to cultivate this bountiful earth so that we can live and thrive.

After the meditation I said a simple prayer to the Great Goddess, and presented her with my offerings. After a short minute on reflecting on the meditation and the praise offerings I cast an Omen. I used my ShapeShifters tarot deck and got the card: 10 Cups; Happiness. To me the meaning of the card represented that learning to live in and outside the world around me I would live a full and complete life. That if I could find my role in the world around me then I would be able to accept the things that I could not change and change the things that I could not accept. That instead of fighting with the world around me it would be beneficial to understand that everything has its place in this great world that we live in.

My over all experience was one of joy. I felt very comfortable with working with Demeter, and I look forward to working with her in the days that come.

No comments:

Post a Comment